Secure Those Easter Eggs! Dog Almost Dies From Chocolate Poisoning

If you are a dog lover, chances are you already know that chocolate can be dangerous, and even lethal to dogs. There is also a good chance that your dog may have ingested a bit of chocolate once or twice and never suffered any ill effects. Yet taking a chance that your dog will not have a reaction can be gambling with their life.

Poppy, a U.K. pooch went through his owner’s shopping bags and devoured an Easter egg she had purchased at the supermarket. This one sneaky act nearly took her life, says Poppy’s owner Sally Riella:

“I’d been shopping that morning and had to rush out, so a few bags were left on the floor. I never dreamt for one minute what could happen. One of the Easter eggs had been crushed, so Poppy must have decided it would be good to eat – she never touched the second egg in the bag, which was still in the wrapper.”

Poppy, a Yorkshire Terrier/Bichon Frise mix was administered activated charcoal and IV fluids, and recovered within two days. Some dogs are not as lucky.

Read the full story here.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering A Lump On Your Pup

Tuesday Tip: Dyson 50 Makes Cleaning Dog Fur A Pleasure

6 Tips To Keep Your Dog Safe in the Winter